DisturbedOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Greetings from a lost mage!!!
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 am by Mirtas

» Valor Points are back!!!
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am by Boman

» Outdoor Raid Boss - Mobus
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:33 am by HoopyDrood

» ICE GOT HIS ACC BACK FROM HACK
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am by Iceforged

» I need a job
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Nezrathii

» Blackwing Descent: Omnitron Defense System Down
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am by Nezrathii

» Gizzengaar- Space Goat Prot Pally!
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
DisturbedOnes DKP EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

DisturbedOnes DKP

5 posters

Go down

DisturbedOnes DKP Empty DisturbedOnes DKP

Post  Boman Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:43 pm

To view DKP, use the following link:

http://www.webdkp.com/dkp/Cenarion+Circle/DisturbedOnes

DKP is obtained by the following:

25 points for New Boss Kill
10 points for Normal Boss Kill
5 points per hour raiding (rounded down)

and is used as follows (item classification at discretion of raid leader and/or loot master):

150 points for a tier item
100 points for a main spec item
50 points for an off-spec item

DKP is currently only used for Heroic Naxx and above. There will be some decaying or cap put on DKP in the near future.

Thank you, Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

DisturbedOnes DKP Empty Re: DisturbedOnes DKP

Post  Telian Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:00 pm

dromeys dkp ftw, -420 go dromey go! pick up those offspeccs!
Telian
Telian

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Not sure if it's a discrepancy or if the dkp hasn't been properly updated yet but I am seeing some guys who were there for raid both days with the same amount of dkp as others who were only there for one day. I have taken deduction of items won into account when I say this.

Flinthrom

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Flint - can you let me know who so I can check it out? Probably an error on my part if that's the case. If you don't want to post it, just send me a message in-game.

Thanks!

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:33 pm

DKP has been updated through Friday nights (1/16) run of Naxx-25. If you feel there are any discrepancies please reply to this thread.

Thank you,

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:49 am

Just a note to all: Our current DKP system will hold for both Naxx25 and Malygos25 if/when we get there pre-Ulduar. Once we start Ulduar, Naxx25 and possibly Malygos25 will switch to a non-dkp system and dkp will be reset.

Thanks,

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

DisturbedOnes DKP Empty Oh yeah...

Post  Ozmademos Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 am

I wanted to ask/comment on any dkp system in general. I think that the original idea for a dkp system was to settle looting questions that came up between two or more people on the same item. That being said, all dkp systems typically favor people who come often and take less loot than others; which I agree with completely. But I believe that, it only evens out if people are rolling for gear that they believe they'll use for their raid-spec. How might this not be happening? If people have something like Atlas loot, it seems to taint the use of dkp. Or is this mistaken? Either way, it can lead people to passing on items that do drop (and they could use) for items that might drop (and they may just want). I'm curious if this is something we might want to think about. Clearly we cant (and shouldnt necessarily) tell people not to use Altas, but we might want to work in some kind of wish list or something? Also, I've been wondering if we should set up separate dkp tables for raid spec vs off-spec so we dont have a situation where someone trying to build an "offset" (possibly an unnamed druid wanting to go boomkin sometime?) ends up bleeding their dkp on off-spec items and has nothing left for their raid spec.

My main question was just about the use of Atlas to focus on a single upgrades rather than rolling as items drop. It would seem that something like that can taint the dkp system, since the people who have it or use it might save so much dkp that they could not only get the one item they want but also clear out innumeral items after that. Your thoughts?
Ozmademos
Ozmademos

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Gear and specs are a challenge. I know from my perspective I struggle with every piece that drops because in an ideal world I'd be going for:

Avoidance gear for tanking the tough bosses
EH set for those times when health is key
Shield Block set for when doing lots of damage and threat is key - or when bosses are on farm and extra dps is better

then, of course, offspec dps gear.

How do you balance your dkp against that?

and with dual-specs coming out, as daargo mentioned in another thread, how do we define what really is off-spec? But how do we do it now? At the moment we define it as Healing / Tanking / DPS. Is that fair to those classes that only have one spec? But then again, do they only need 1 set of gear? It goes back to the post like I had above - even in your given spec there are multiple gearing tracks you might want to take depending on the situation.

Here are some off the cuff thoughts:

#1: MAIN SPEC NEED is handled through standard dkp processing

#2: OFF-SPEC
Should there be an offspec?
What would we consider offspec?
Maybe a silent roll where off-spec is considered any item that is equal to or less than an existing item that you have in terms of item level?

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

DisturbedOnes DKP Empty RE: Oh yeah...

Post  Ozmademos Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:41 pm

I wanted to give my personal feelings about the vast differences in our dkp table. Part of my own experience comes from the fact that I've only rolled on the items for my raid-spec that knew beforehand would be actual upgrades for me (using Atlas Loot for the most part) or I've held back picking up an item because I knew that there was some other item in the loot table of another boss that I wanted more. That might be considered strategic use of dkp, but it explains why I would have so much dkp and others wouldn't.

My concern is mostly that certain people who might be really low in dkp will end up influencing our dkp system to favor gross spending and (as I kind of see it) punish people who might otherwise spend their dkp perfectly fine. I'm speaking mostly of putting upper limits on the amount of dkp that a person can earn. This would be highly unfair to those people who do spend their time raiding with us but who do not spend their dkp at every possible chance. Right now, as I see it, our dkp system favors people who come often, spend their dkp only on items they will really use to raid with us, and who would rather see other items they have no real use for being sharded. I for one like this system just fine as it is, but if it must be changed, then I'd prefer it be changed in such a way that doesnt effect people who understand their dkp.

A separate loot table might be in order, so that people can take whatever items the think they'll use at some point, but they can still have the dkp to use on items which they will actually need.

Another possibility is to give the people who show up to Ulduar on the first day 150dpk (enough for one tier piece or a couple nice upgrades), and simply say that no person can go below zero dkp. Effectively this will mean more shards and a harsh reminder to people to spend wisely.

I dont think either of these two systems would effect people who know how to spend their dkp.
Ozmademos
Ozmademos

Back to top Go down

Post  Regihomestar Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Hmm...

Maybe a DKP bonus for a successful achievement? We've always gone for Patchwerk or Heigan achievements, but never succeeded...

Regihomestar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down