DisturbedOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Greetings from a lost mage!!!
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 am by Mirtas

» Valor Points are back!!!
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am by Boman

» Outdoor Raid Boss - Mobus
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:33 am by HoopyDrood

» ICE GOT HIS ACC BACK FROM HACK
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am by Iceforged

» I need a job
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Nezrathii

» Blackwing Descent: Omnitron Defense System Down
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am by Nezrathii

» Gizzengaar- Space Goat Prot Pally!
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids

5 posters

Go down

REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids Empty REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids

Post  Boman Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:30 am

It's a challenging question and I'd be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on it. After our brief discussion in vent tonight, I do like some of what I heard. In my mind the following stuck out as positive possibilities:

- DKP Rolls for Need/Off-Spec should retain priority

The above I would have no intention of changing at this time. Additionally I like the ideas of:

- A Roll for those that have alts that could use. Would this be based on a free roll, silent auction/bid, dkp bid, or part of the normal DKP process just taking 3rd priority after main and off-spec rolls.

And after that where would we go?

- A free roll highest role wins
- A bid of some type
- As now, going into the guild bank
- A post on the website for a guild-wide bidding/requesting process

I'd love to hear what you think!

Thanks,

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids Empty Re: REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids

Post  Daargo Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:17 pm

How could a BOE Epic be used?

1) Sell on the AH for a substantial sum.
2) Off spec for your main character.
3) Hand down to an alt character.
4) Given to a third person (personal friend, guildie) that isn't as far along in the raid process or doesn't have the opportunity to raid as much. In this case, it could be a huge step in character progression.

My personal preference would be to give it to a guildie or friend that doesn't raid as much. After that, I'd want it for my alt. I don't need money so I wouldn't sell it, and off-spec is covered by current DKP (although with Dual-Spec'ing just around the corner we should revisit this).

As for acquiring it, I'm in favor of DKP bidding, with no minimum bid. And put it up for auction for a set period of time ON THE FORUMS. I would think 48 hours is long enough.

Unrelated but, what do we do with the disenchanted materials?
Daargo
Daargo

Back to top Go down

REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids Empty Re: REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids

Post  Ozmademos Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:09 am

For the BoE items, we certainly shouldnt sell them.

What we've been doing with them thus far has been, we see if anyone can use the item as main spec. If not, then off-spec. Finally, if someone has an alt it's simply a roll off to see who'd get it. As for what the cost might/should be, I'd make it minimal; maybe 10-20 dkp.

But, this doesnt take alts and their dkp (combined with 'main' or not) into consideration. That might be something else to think about. Otherwise, we might just make a new entry in the dkp log and charge that person who might come into our raid at some point.
Ozmademos
Ozmademos

Back to top Go down

Post  Boman Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 pm

DE'd Materials:

We put them in the guild bank. I've had lots of people lately asking me for the Abyss Crystals to use for their enchants.

If you need some for an enchant, just ask a guild officer and they can get you what you need.

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

REQUEST FOR COMMENTS:  Handling BoE Items for our DKP Raids Empty BoE Items

Post  Timbits Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:50 pm

I think it's a great idea to offer up to alts and people who don't raid as much.

I know that from my old guild, when I was on standby for raiding and they were using DKP, I wouldn't stand a chance at loot. So, offering any items to alts and people who don't raid as much is really a nice gesture from the guild.

Or, we could sell the items and take those profits and pay for repair bills! I know some people have to grind out some dailies just to repair, so why not make some dough available for them to repair? For example, a Group 1 BoE sells an item, Group 1, can use the funds for all members repair bill. If you sell the item for 100 gold, everyone gets 10 gold for their repairs...etc.

Just some ideas. Throwing it out there.

Regards,

Timbits

Timbits

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurisa Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:39 pm

I fully agree with putting the items up for auction. Leave them up for perhaps a week and if no one wants them they become shards. I have also had many people asking for shards for enchants so ethier way it does not go to waste and gives some people a chance at nice gear they may have otherwise not gotten.
Aurisa
Aurisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down