DisturbedOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Greetings from a lost mage!!!
The way WoW used to be. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 am by Mirtas

» Valor Points are back!!!
The way WoW used to be. EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am by Boman

» Outdoor Raid Boss - Mobus
The way WoW used to be. EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:33 am by HoopyDrood

» ICE GOT HIS ACC BACK FROM HACK
The way WoW used to be. EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am by Iceforged

» I need a job
The way WoW used to be. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Nezrathii

» Blackwing Descent: Omnitron Defense System Down
The way WoW used to be. EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am by Nezrathii

» Gizzengaar- Space Goat Prot Pally!
The way WoW used to be. EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
The way WoW used to be. EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
The way WoW used to be. EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
The way WoW used to be. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

The way WoW used to be.

4 posters

Go down

The way WoW used to be. Empty The way WoW used to be.

Post  Reinia Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 am

For those who know me, I have been playing WoW since 12/2005. I've been playing this game for a really long time and I've seen some changes. Not as much as others, but I've seen a lot.

I was talking to a dark knight who asked me if I was Raeina, a female troll that used to piss off a LOT of people back in the day. I haven't been asked that in such a long time! Well, that started off a hell of a conversation.

Did you know that you HAD to RP if you were using the /say option when I first started? It was an unspoken, mandatory rule that people would enforce if they could. And then people's names. If they weren't of an RP nature, you didn't have to be reported, a GM would help you along with a name change.

The honor system was another change. The honor system used to be about respect. You had to earn your title or Private or Knight. You had to pvp every week to keep it up or someone else would boot you out of your rank. And your medals would be handed in for extra honor. It was a good feeling to say, "I'm Knight Reinia and I'm proud of it!'

You had to earn everthing. I remember trying to get epics with 40 man in AQ. Hell, I remember when AQ first showed up! Many many Linen bandages were made to help out with something that I would never even see because I was never on during raid times. To get some of those epic weapons would take days or weeks to get for people. I remember admiring them wishing I could be like that.

Now I feel like, with the size of WoW, GMs don't have enough time and man power to care. People aren't on for the game but to be better than everyone else. The game is still fun. I am back in a good guild and I'm surrounded by my friends and my in-game wife. I am happy that I am here but there are times that I wish for the good old days.
Reinia
Reinia

Back to top Go down

The way WoW used to be. Empty Re: The way WoW used to be.

Post  Ozmademos Wed May 06, 2009 2:25 pm

I for one would love them to impliment a Classic WoW server, where everything would be EXACTLY as it was before patch 2.0 (Burning Crusade).

All the old talents, gear, pvp, everything! Understandably you couldnt transfer onto that server since so much has changed since then, but I'd love to see that just for those people who want to play the way it used to be Very Happy
Ozmademos
Ozmademos

Back to top Go down

Post  Reinia Thu May 07, 2009 11:41 pm

I agree with you Oz. I miss the old days of WoW. I thought that the game was really a game then. It was fun. I made a lot of friends and a lot of them actually left because of the expansion. I guess I miss them sometimes and I get a little funny like this. pig <-- Hey! Swine flu came into Allentown, PA! I'm not kidding either, it really did. It was announced today. Keep clean!
Reinia
Reinia

Back to top Go down

Post  Unsanctified Wed May 13, 2009 10:20 pm

I wish there was a Classic Server.

I picked up WoW because of a beastly Shadow Priest on the server Dragonmaw, Zizek. I got into WoW with the sole reason of being a PvP Shadow Priest, but sadly I didn't start until just after the release of BC. I still regret never seeing Vanilla WoW, back in the day of the Shadow Priest.
Unsanctified
Unsanctified

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo Thu May 14, 2009 12:28 am

No flying mounts.
No badges relying only on random drops. Running Stratholme for too many times and never getting my Bone Slicing Hatchet for my Hunter.
Running the same tired instances over and over and over.
Grinding for potions.
Molten Core, BWL, Naxxramas, ew.
No PvP battlegrounds.
Horde Shaman owning everyone in PvP.

Good riddance Vanilla WoW. BC brought about way too many good things and more things to do.

Now, where is my house?
Daargo
Daargo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum