DisturbedOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Greetings from a lost mage!!!
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 am by Mirtas

» Valor Points are back!!!
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am by Boman

» Outdoor Raid Boss - Mobus
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:33 am by HoopyDrood

» ICE GOT HIS ACC BACK FROM HACK
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am by Iceforged

» I need a job
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Nezrathii

» Blackwing Descent: Omnitron Defense System Down
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am by Nezrathii

» Gizzengaar- Space Goat Prot Pally!
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Let's Go For This Achievement EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

Let's Go For This Achievement

2 posters

Go down

Let's Go For This Achievement Empty Let's Go For This Achievement

Post  Daargo Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm on a Boat (25 player)
Claim victory in the Gunship Battle without any raid member visiting the enemy gunship more than once in 25-player mode.
Daargo
Daargo

Back to top Go down

Let's Go For This Achievement Empty Re: Let's Go For This Achievement

Post  Nezrathii Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Only problem with that is the amount of dedicated dps to each wave- I think right now we are having between 6-7 waves as far as I remember so with the mage- that means we not only need 6-7 sets of dps killing the mage but also 6-7 tanks because they are included- now I'm probably wrong about the amount of times we get a mage during the fight but I don't think im far off- now if everyone who was in a cannon knew their job it wouldn't take as many sets but I don't think some of the people who get in the cannons understand the concept of button mashing

with that many waves (ish) that would mean max 4 people over each wave 1 tank 3 dps (that is max 5 waves equaling 20 people plus 5 healers who never leave the ship) and we would have to be exceptionally coordinated because as far as I know the mages are on a base timer so if one of the groups was slow we wouldn't have enough time to cannonball the ship before the next one came out- sadly as far as i know you can't reach the mage from the other ship so it would go down pretty slow each time making our cannon dps suffer.

Sorry to be such a downer about it =(. I think all achievements would be great to have but until we have a regular crew with at least 23/25 being regulars who come every week and all dps are within 1-2% overall dmg of each other I don't think this will be possible- we can certainly try and to be honest trying to do something like this will help our overall coordination if we can pull off the organization- I'd say if you are willing to make up a list of groups during our raid I would totally be willing to try it- I think the mage gets more health each time he's summoned so maybe while keeping groups aprox even dps wise kind of stack the 4th and 5th group for heavier dps (ie group 1-3 are filled with 2 lower dps 1 higher/mid dps, groups 4-5 are filled with 1 lower dps 2 higher dps) Sadly this organization is the reason why its prefered to have regulars because it makes it easier to know and plan for dps/dmg done for achievements like this.

But like I said if you are willing to make up the groups, or talk someone else into doing it =P then I would be more than happy to implement it and I'm sure the other officers would also be more than willing to try- everyone loves achievements don't they? =)

Nezrathii

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 am

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4612#comments

Suggested strategy is for the groups going over to stay for more than one Battle Mage.

We have the gear and DPS to do this.

It would be my suggestion that we arrange for 3 groups to go over. First group stays for 2-3 mages, second group for 2-3 mages and the last group to stay for the last mage(s). Number of mages per group depends on the group.

WoWHead says the reward for this achievment is http://www.wowhead.com/item=51955.

Perhaps if someone familiar with the cannons would explain what to do, who to shoot, it might not be so hard. Being a healer, I don't see much cannon time.
Daargo
Daargo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down