DisturbedOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Greetings from a lost mage!!!
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 am by Mirtas

» Valor Points are back!!!
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am by Boman

» Outdoor Raid Boss - Mobus
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:33 am by HoopyDrood

» ICE GOT HIS ACC BACK FROM HACK
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am by Iceforged

» I need a job
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Nezrathii

» Blackwing Descent: Omnitron Defense System Down
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am by Nezrathii

» Gizzengaar- Space Goat Prot Pally!
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
WoTLK Raids Forming EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

WoTLK Raids Forming

Go down

WoTLK Raids Forming Empty WoTLK Raids Forming

Post  Boman Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:31 pm

As Wrath of the Lich King rapidly approaches, I have been putting a lot of thought into our guild and what goals I have for the expansion. First and foremost, DisturbedOnes has transformed over the course of The Burning Crusade into a raiding guild while still retaining enjoyment in pvp. DisturbedOnes started out as a pvp/twink guild but started losing a lot of members early in TBC due to the lack of raiding as they reached level 70. So looking back over the past year, I'd say we did pretty well.

For WoTLK my goal is that DisturbedOnes becomes one of the top tier raiding guilds on the server while maintaining opportunities for the more casual players. To accomplish this will require both committment and consistency from all raiders. As we have learned, it is very difficult for a raid to be successful if you don't have the same core group of players coming back raid after raid.

In order to achieve these goals, we need to start forming our raiding teams now. Raids will fall into one of two categories with different requirements for each:

1. Progression:

- Significant time and effort put into raiding. (expect 12+ hours/wk raiding)
- Newer content takes precedence over older content
- Guild approved DKP looting system will be used
- Players must meet gear minimum requirements before their "start date"
- Players will maintain performance standards while raiding
- 75%+ attendance required
- Guild membership required
- Will group into 25-man raids as scheduled or directed by the GM

2. Standard:

- Main requirements will be defined by the Raid Leader
- Guild Membership in raid must be > 50% to be considered guild sponsored

What is a guild sponsored raid?

- May request guild bank raiding materials for members (member must be in guild)
- Must keep website updated with raid progression
- Members clearly interested in supporting the goals of the guild
- Guild support as reasonably able

Because our guild has grown to almost 200 members, it will be very difficult for many to get into a raid. We all have lives and schedules that don't always mesh. Our schedules and plans for the progression groups are going to be very stringent. Although many will want to be a part of such a group, it's not going to be feasible due to the commitment involved and the limited spaces available. For the progression groups the rules will not be flexible. In order to support the needs of the majority of the guild, I am requesting that anyone interested in become a raid leader for a guild sponsored raid please put out an application in the DO Recruitment Forums. I would like to start advertising in guild for applications to our various groups.

I will be posting in the DO Recruitment Forums. We will be starting with 10-man raids in Naxx, so spots will be extremely limited. That is why it is so important that we have additional raid leaders. Even if your interest is in casual raiding due to commitments, I would bet that we have many in similar situations.

Thank you, and happy raiding!

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down