DisturbedOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Greetings from a lost mage!!!
And the Nerfs continue... EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 am by Mirtas

» Valor Points are back!!!
And the Nerfs continue... EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am by Boman

» Outdoor Raid Boss - Mobus
And the Nerfs continue... EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:33 am by HoopyDrood

» ICE GOT HIS ACC BACK FROM HACK
And the Nerfs continue... EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am by Iceforged

» I need a job
And the Nerfs continue... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Nezrathii

» Blackwing Descent: Omnitron Defense System Down
And the Nerfs continue... EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am by Nezrathii

» Gizzengaar- Space Goat Prot Pally!
And the Nerfs continue... EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
And the Nerfs continue... EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
And the Nerfs continue... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
And the Nerfs continue... EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

And the Nerfs continue...

5 posters

Go down

And the Nerfs continue... Empty And the Nerfs continue...

Post  Daargo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Quoted:

"The design for combat resurrection effects has changed a good deal for Cataclysm, and we want to make sure players are clear on how spells like Rebirth and Create Soulstone now function. Rebirth has a 10-minute cooldown and Create Soulstone has a 15-minute cooldown. On raid boss encounters, you can only use one of these combat resurrection spells (so one Rebirth or one Soulstone) per attempt for 10-player raids. For 25-player raids you can use three forms of combat resurrection per raid boss attempt (so three of any combination of Rebirth and Soulstone). The count is incremented as soon as a player accepts a resurrection, so one can always choose not to accept if he or she wants someone else to get the resurrection instead. There is no equivalent of the Sated debuff (which tracks Bloodlust/Heroism usage), but you will get an error message if you try to resurrect too many players, and we might add tracking to our raid interface if there is demand for it. Outside of raid content, you can use as many battle resurrections as you have available."

Does anyone have any idea where WoW is going? The game is digressing into 3 classes, Tank, Healer, and DPS. Seems like any uniqueness in the classes is being removed.

Daargo
Daargo

Back to top Go down

And the Nerfs continue... Empty Re: And the Nerfs continue...

Post  Boman Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:51 am

I never played wow in Vanilla. I first started playing in January when TBC came out. Having said that, I hear a lot of people saying that blizzard is trying to take the game back to Vanilla in some way. But it seems like they are trying to do that while making the game more accessible. And for that they seem to be trying really hard to make a reliance on any one class go away. So you will no longer have to bring a Shaman for Heroism, but you will need to bring a Shaman, Mage, or Hunter with the right pet. As a raider I'm happy with those changes because it was always so hard to get the right mix in a group - especially a 10-man. I'm a little more concerned about the raiding. With all the changes that are being made you would think that it is going to make raiding less accessible than it is now. You can only have one brez, they want mana to be an issue, they are bringing back CC. There's a part of me that looks forward to the challenge, but another part that dreads trying to put together groups that are up for the challenge. A lot of people have also become very impatient, so it will be interesting to see how this goes... I think it will slow down the pace some.

Either way, it's new and exciting. Enjoy the ride!

-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:20 am

I love the Rebirth and Soulstone changes. Maybe it'll make people understand that dying actually has a consequence now instead of relying on chaining a whole bunch of battle rezzes. As far as there only being 3 classes: there has only been 3 classes of players since I began playing: Tank, Healer, Dps. Were there more? It's either you're a tank, a dps or a healer. I dunno how you can be anything else. Uniqueness is also still there. How many other classes can cast frostbolts, stack arcane blasts, throw traps, turn into a bear, tame pets, summon ghost wolves, silence an area with a beam of light, heal two targets by healing one for the same amount? I can go on.

The whole QQ about homogenization is because some class no longer gets the guaranteed spot even though they are horrible players because they have some ability that is needed. I love every change and each tear shed means that Blizzard is doing their job. I'm glad now that we can choose people over classes to bring to a raid.

Flinthrom

Back to top Go down

Post  Daargo Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 pm

And this where I disagree. Let's just make 3 classes then, Mage, Priest, and Warrior. All it's going to be from now on is a meter count, who can do the most DPS/HPS/TPS. Why even have classes? The only difference is the pretty graphics each class does. Kind of takes the RPG out of MMORPG. But, I honestly saw this coming.

IMO they are making the game dumber with retarded gimmicks for boss encounters. There is no longer any adventure in WOW, just gimmick mastery for gear.

Personally, I liked that a particular class was needed for a unique ability. I predict for the future that WOW is going to be filled with min-max types who seek out the "best" class from now on. If they are all going to be homogenized, then the most efficient will be the only one played. We all know how well Blizz's track record is on balancing classes.

Daargo
Daargo

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:45 am

The game is balanced around raiding. If you want RPG then go do quests and RP walk through them. MIN/MAX people existed for a long time now as can be seen by visiting Elitistjerks or even installing any of those mods that help you gem and enchant or visiting any site with tips. It has nothing to do with the direction Blizz is heading. I have no idea how you find standing around for 30 to 40 minutes waiting to find a Shaman because we need Heroism an adventure or even remotely close to RPG. My time is valuable to me and I am sure lots of other people with lives rather spend that 30 or 40 minutes waiting around doing something else. Spreading the things seen as "vital" to a raid among more than one class means we can fill a raid faster and actually play the game.

I love MIN/MAX players. They are the ones who actually help you to see end content bosses because they know how to squeeze every ounce of skill out of their character to get what we need done. I remember raiding with you and you'd always have that stupid pet out. Don't know if it was your idea of RP or whatever but it never helped kill a boss. Your priorities do not line up with Blizzard's or raiding which is why I understand why you are saddened with some of the changes.

As for your comment about the game getting dumber, adventure and gimmick encounters, that is just rubbish. Naxx was awesome. Ulduar was awesome. ToC was rubbish (I'll give you that). ICC was awesome. I had a lot of adventures with Boman, Nightjade, Nuelor, Helioz, Aunorless, Kitsunekon, Luna, Mirtas, Tylyk, Isilia and lots of other people in every raid I was in. When we got our ICC drake that was an awesomely bumpy ride. Maybe you need to raid more and criticize less.

Flinthrom

Back to top Go down

Post  helioz Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:44 pm

flint said my name yay!!
helioz
helioz

Back to top Go down

Post  Nezrathii Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:33 am

but not mine =( sadface

Nezrathii

Back to top Go down

Post  Flinthrom Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am

You know I always have fun raiding with you Nez.

Flinthrom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum