DisturbedOnes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Greetings from a lost mage!!!
Rules of Conduct EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 am by Mirtas

» Valor Points are back!!!
Rules of Conduct EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am by Boman

» Outdoor Raid Boss - Mobus
Rules of Conduct EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:33 am by HoopyDrood

» ICE GOT HIS ACC BACK FROM HACK
Rules of Conduct EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am by Iceforged

» I need a job
Rules of Conduct EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am by Nezrathii

» Blackwing Descent: Omnitron Defense System Down
Rules of Conduct EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am by Nezrathii

» Gizzengaar- Space Goat Prot Pally!
Rules of Conduct EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am by Iceforged

» Raiding Team
Rules of Conduct EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm by Nezrathii

» Magmaw Down
Rules of Conduct EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am by Boman

» Cataclysm Raiding
Rules of Conduct EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 am by Nuelor

Blue Post Tracker

Rules of Conduct

+4
Saba
Ozmademos
Daargo
Boman
8 posters

Go down

Rules of Conduct Empty Rules of Conduct

Post  Boman Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 am

As I'm sure some of you will agree, things have been getting a bit out of hand lately in our 25-man raids. As such, we will keep this as a living document and reference to all on expectations for our raids.

1. Come prepared regardless of content (Food, Flasks/Elixirs, fully repaired)
2. Be able to stay the entire raid!
3. Be on-time and waiting at the stone to help summon if needed.
4. Keep vent clear unless you are the raid leader(s) or asked to have a vocal role.
5. Always, Always, Always be nice.
6. Do your job, and do it well. Exceed expectations.

How does this impact me?

There is the obvious, the more you annoy those that are leading the raid, the less likely you are to be invited back to the next raid. The raid leaders (Ozmademos, Aurisa, Nightjade, and Boman) may ask/tell you during a raid and tell you to stop/change something that you are doing. If you choose not to, you will be asked to leave the raid. The severity of the situation will dictate any follow-up action.

This really should extend to all raids - these are common sense items and important to group cohesion and progression.

Thank you,
-Boman

Boman

Back to top Go down

Rules of Conduct Empty Re: Rules of Conduct

Post  Daargo Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:08 pm

read
Daargo
Daargo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ozmademos Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm very much in agreement that at times our raids can get out of hand at times, and last weekend's raid on Saturday was downright horrible (for me anyhow). I wont go into all the details, but it lead to a post for all the officers titled "very disappointed". All the points brought up by Bo are something to take very seriously...

1. Come prepared regardless of content (Food, Flasks/Elixirs, fully repaired)
2. Be able to stay the entire raid!
3. Be on-time and waiting at the stone to help summon if needed.
4. Keep vent clear unless you are the raid leader(s) or asked to have a vocal role.

I want to take a sec, here, for number 4 to say that it is very important that people not flood vent with complaints, irritations, or idle chatter during these 25man raids, because it is not only distracting to some, but some comments (or outright shouting) can also be highly demoralizing to some.

5. Always, Always, Always be nice.

We're not asking for happy-go-lucky people at all times, but try to make criticisms constructive. If you have a complaint, make it directly and politely as possible to that person or to one of the raid leaders (be it Bo or Oz or someone who will be clearly stated). ***Dont go off on anyone at anytime in raid chat or in vent***

6. Do your job, and do it well. Exceed expectations.

This one I'd like to say... For those people who have mostly 25naxx gear (if not all 25naxx gear), we're looking to you to be putting out at least 3000 dps regularly. If that seems difficult or unusual, there are a couple websites that can help reach the high numbers needed to beat down the bosses in the time needed. One of the best to navigate (in my opinion) is http://www.maxdps.com/

Given what happened last week, I'll say that I in particular will be cracking down a little more on people who chose not to pay attention and listen to what is being asked from them. Two requests in particular that will be crucial are: (1) Stay behind the main tanks, and (2) Be mindful of any mobs that are being skipped to save time. For anyone who excessively runs in front of the main tanks, you'll be asked (by name in both raid and vent) to stop and stay behind the tanks.

For anyone who decided that we should be pulling certain mobs being skipped for time... there isn't much I can do about that in all reality (which they should be EXTREMELY grateful for, since behavior like that would get you kicked immediately on a one-way ticket out of the raid to the nearest graveyard point by me).

The most I will do is come to an agreement with the other raid leaders that you'll not be coming back to our raid regarless of how desparate we might need someone, because I'm going to make it clear from now on that in a choice between someone uncooperative and no one... that person's empty spot will mean more to us than their childish waste of our time.
Ozmademos
Ozmademos

Back to top Go down

Post  Saba Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 am

Read, understood, agree

Saba

Saba

Back to top Go down

Rules of Conduct Empty Rules of Conduct

Post  Chirs Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:52 am

I agree